Thursday 20 November 2014

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Review

When it comes to a all around film,  Mockingjay had it all.
Mockingjay is the final book in the series written by Suzanne Collins and after being a fan of both the film and the book I have to say I wasn't left dissapointed.

From the outset, the film was filled with clever tense scenes which left me holding my breath is suspense. These coupled with both action and narrative, really made the film flow well.
I could clearly see the rebellion starting to take form with both sides using videos in order to win the districts , it definitely reminded me of politics but they are fighting for power.
I think Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job in this film and I truly cannot wait to see her talent in part 2, which if you have read the book you will know that it will be a true masterpiece if executed well.

The artist Lorde had her part to play in the film. She helped with the soundtrack which was played in the credits of the film however,  I do think her talents could of been put to better use with possible soundtracks in the film.


The song Katniss sings within this film was definitely a winner in my eyes. Layering it over a delicate scene made for the perfect synergy.

I did really enjoy this film and would definitely recommend you all to go and watch it.

Overall though I was left with a need for more. Throughout this film we learn not a great deal about the bigger picture in terms of whats next but instead we are left with a greater depth of the characters.

If you are planing to go and see this film ill only say one thing.
It's not the end until it is the end! You'll understand when you go and see it.

Thanks for reading my review.  Let me know in the comments what you thought if you went to watch it and if not well... just say hi

Thanks

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment