Saturday 21 March 2015

Insurgent Review!

Insurgent surged in at the start with no introduction but as per the book is better than the film.


Theo James gets my awards for best actor.


One scene when talking to his mother made me jump. That particular scene sold him as a actor for me and that's why I'm giving him this invisible award. 


One thing I was disappointed with was the characters Joanna and Evelyn.
Joanna

Evelyn

They are both strong independent women, but during the film I think they could of executed their scenes better or casting could of got better actors. In the book I imagined them more dominant and forceful with their commands. That was not present within the film, apart from at the very end where the Evelyn I wanted to see was showed (kind of a spoiler). 

One huge thing I was disappointed about was one big twist in the book which seemed really minimal in the film, no spoilers but if you have read the book then it's the twist with Caleb.


I watched the film in 3D and it looked amazing, especially with the smashing glass and crows. When you go and watch it make sure you watch it in 3D.

I have to applaud the sound used within the film as it was on point and made some scenes 100% better.

Overall, the film was good and I would definitely recommend you go and see it. However, if you haven't watched Divergent then make sure you watch that first as there is no really introduction as I said above meaning that you won't know what is going on. I would definitely go and see this again. Let me know what you think of the film if you have watched it, who was your favourite character. 



No comments:

Post a Comment